This orzo salad is a refreshing Mediterranean side dish to your grilled chicken, beef or fish. (I highly recommend this with our chicken kebab recipe.)
Orzo with Feta and Bell Peppers
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 12 oz orzo
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1-1/2 cups feta cheese crumbled
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives optional
- 1 tsp organic ground cumin
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp organic oregano dried
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp Tablespoons pine nuts toasted
Boil salted water and cook orzo until al dente. Drain; rinse with cold water; be sure to drain well.
Toss with 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in large bowl.
Add feta, chopped peppers, green onions, and olives.
Mix lemon juice, white wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, cumin and mustard in small bowl.
Whisk in 1/2 cup olive oil.
Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Add dressing to orzo salad and toss.
Can be prepared up to 6 hours ahead—covered and refrigerated.