This is adapted from a Gourmet recipe published in January 2002. Sweet potatoes are not big in my house, so I replaced the sweet potatoes in the original recipe with good old spuds … and this is now a favorite. It goes equally well with an omelet or hamburgers.
- 1 teaspoon organic ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried organic oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon organic red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons peanut oil
- Mix spices together.
- Cut potatoes into steak fries
- Toss wedges with oil and spices
- Roast in oven for 20-30 minutes, turning after the first 15 minutes.