My favorite (birthday) cake!
Mmm mmm Carrot Cake
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 cups unsifted all purpose flour
- 2-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup oil
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 in can crushed pineapple juice 8 oz
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- Coconut cream frosting:
- 2 oz pkgs cream cheese 8each
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2-1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut flakes toasted (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix flour, baking soda cinnamon and salt.
Beat oil, sugar and eggs thoroughly.
Add flour mixture and beat until smooth.
Add pineapples, carrots, coconuts (and nuts).
Pour into greased 13"x9" pan. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
Cream the butter and cream cheese.
Alternately add confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla.
Beat until smooth.
Add 1/2 of the coconut.
Sprinkle top with rest of coconut.