You could just serve plain old bread with dinner tonight. Or, you could surprise your guests with these delightful little herbal clouds of cheesy goodness. It’s worth the extra effort!
The recipe only makes 4, so double it if you want more.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon organic freeze dried chives
- 2-3 tablespoons Parmesean cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- water as needed
- mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, chives, pepper, parmesean, and sugar
- cut butter into small pieces. work into flour with a fork until broken up (don’t over mix)
- add yogurt and enough water to make a dry dough.
- mold dough into circle 3/4 inch thick and place on greased cookie sheet.
- sprinkle lightly with salt
- bake at 425 for 18 minutes.