Curried Chicken Soup
Care to Curry? With the country dropping into a deep freeze, it is the perfect time to share my favorite curried chicken soup recipe. It is a meal in a bowl - veggies, carbs, and protein all in one pot. If you need more kick, add more cayenne. Serves 4 as an entree and six as a side.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 3/4 cup onion minced
- 3/4 cup carrot minced
- 3/4 cup celery minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 14 oz can cannellini beans white kidney
- 4 cups chicken stock divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tsps organic curry powder
- 1/2 tsp organic ground cayenne
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut milk I just freeze the rest of the cansmall baggies
- 1 cup raw egg noodles broken
- 6 oz of fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp organic ground black peppercorns
Sautee onions, celery, and carrot in 1 Tablespoon olive oil for 5 minutes
Puree sauteed vegetables with 2 cups chicken stock and 1/2 can of cannellini beans in blender until smooth.
Sautee chicken in 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes, add curry powder and cayenne and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add pureed vegetables to chicken. Add peanut butter, and cream of coconut and bring to a boil. Add egg noodles and boil for 5 minutes. Add rest of cannellini beans, reduce heat and simmer for 3 more minutes. Add lime juice, cilantro, spinach an black pepper just before serving.
Nutrition Info/Serving (4 servings total): Calories 517, Fat 24 grams (Saturated 7, Polyunsaturated 4, Monounsaturated 11), Cholesterol 54 mg, Sodium 801 mg, Total Carbohydrate 47 g, Dietary Fiber 15g, Sugar 3g, Protein 35g