It’s such a traditional dessert that it’s a cliche – but nothing beats that homey inviting smell of an apple pie baking in the kitchen. Once you learn the pie crust, the rest is easy as . . . well, easy as apple pie.
First, make pie crust. Then,
- Apples, peeled and sliced (6-8)
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 stick butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 lemon
- Mix flour, sugar and salt together.
- Toss apples in flour mixture.
- Fill pie crust with apple mixture.
- Top with butter.
- Squeeze lemon over apples.
- Bake at 340 degrees until apples are golden brown.