I love the smell and taste of ground fennel but can’t find too many recipes that use it. Replacing the traditional celery salt with fennel in cole slaw gives it a fresh new lift.
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (any combo of red/green/napa cabbage and shredded carrots)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon organic ground yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons organic ground fennel
- fine sea salt and organic ground black pepper to taste.
Blend mayonnaise, cider, mustard and sugar in large bowl. Toss shredded cabbages/carrots with dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill. Great side dish or condiment for hot dogs, bratwurst, keilbasa, hot links or BBQ.