(adapted from Pierre Franey’s recipe in Cooking with the 60-Minute Gourmet)
Note: Jean taught me this trick: add a dollop of sour cream or cream cheese to spinach and you won’t get that gritty feeling in your teeth. I tacked that trick onto this recipe and upped the cumin.
- Bag of pre-washed baby spinach
1 teaspoon organic ground cumin
Dollop of sour cream or cream cheese
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Coat pan with combination of oil and butter.
- Sautee spinach with cumin until wilted.
- Add dollop of cream cheese or sour cream.
- Season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.