The only thing I hate more than throwing out leftovers is eating leftover salad… with the exception of this kale salad. It gets better everyday. Which makes kale my new vegetable of choice. Make it on Monday and its still crisp and flavorful on Friday. What more can a working girl want?
Kale Summer Salad
- 1 bunch of kale rinsed and chopped
- juice for one freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan or crumbled feta cheese
Combine lemon juice with olive oil and salt.
Toss with nuts, fruit and chopped kale.
Chill for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Leftovers keep for up to a week!