Sweet and spicy toasted walnuts team up with creamy gorgonzola cheese for a picturesque side. Champagne vinegar adds the celebratory note.
Spinach Salad with Pear, Gorgonzola and Spiced Toasted Walnuts
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- bowlful of baby spinach or romaine lettuce
- 1 ripe pear sliced
- 1 cup roasted beet diced or if you prefer, 1/3pomegranate seeds adds festive color
- 2 oz Gorgonzola
- spiced toasted walnuts
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- organic ground black peppercorns
Place greens in bowl and top with sliced pears, walnuts and crumbled Gorgonzola.
Sprinkle with beets or pomegranate seeds.
Shake up remaining ingredients in glass jar and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Toss greens with dressing and grind pepper over bowl.