Delfina's Insalata Del Campo
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot finely minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 head radicchio
- 1/2 head frisee tender light green leaves only
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 4 thick slices pancetta
- parmesan wedges
Whisk together the oil, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper.
Core the radicchio and cut cross-wise into thin ribbons.
Tear the frisee into small pieces.
Combine the radicchio, frisee and arugula in a salad bowl.
Add the walnuts
Render the pancetta slowly in a skillet until almost crisp. Drain briefly on paper towels. then cut into 1/4 wide slices. Add to the salad.
Toss the greens with the vinaigrette. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Using a vegetable peeler, shave as much parmesan as you like into the salad.
Toss again gently. Shave a little more parmesan on top.
Use enough dressing to coat the greens well.