Tomato Soup with Cori-Fennel
A spicy play on traditional tomato soup.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Calories 222 kcal
- 1 onion, medium minced
- 6 tbsp butter
- 28 oz Tomatoes diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup sherry or white wine
- 1/2 cup cream, sour cream, or cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp organic cori-fennel spice blend Smith & Truslow
- 1 tsp organic ground black pepper
Salute diced onion in butter until translucent.
Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, and sugar.
Turn heat to low, add sherry (or white wine).
Stir in the cream, basil, parsley, coir-fennel blend, and salt and pepper to taste.